AWE & Its Many Wonderful Experiences
As I sit here in my room chomping on crisps and overlooking the top view of the Anfield stadium here in Liverpool, I am brought to a sad realisation that I will miss out on the AWE conference this year.
Having attended the conference the last two years – first in Kuala Lumpur and then in Kota Kinabalu, it has quickly become one my favourite events.
After all, this is where I was able to meet a whole bunch of free-spirited, determined and positive individuals. It was easy to come away from the event feeling inspired and dare I say, loved.
Last year’s event was a watershed moment for me.
I was longing to quit my job to travel and write, but I wasn’t sure if it was the right thing to do. I was fearful, I was unsure. Luckily for me, I came across some amazing people who reached out to me and in their own ways, provided me strength and support.
I am not saying that you will end up quitting your job to travel right after the conference, but you will come away armed with more knowledge, wisdom and renewed self-belief.
Here are other things I think you’ll end up experiencing during AWE :
- You will end up enjoying yourself a whole lot more than you thought you would.
- You will be inspired by Juno and her adventures. Seriously, how can you not love Juno?!
- You will not fall asleep at any of the talks. YES! it’s always interesting as the speakers are that good.
- You will take away a great sense of spirit and camaraderie amongst all participants.
- You will end up shedding a tear or two when heartful stories are shared.
- You will end up buying some amazing batik-wear. Trust me on this one!
- You will be motivated to think of ways to improve your life and those around you.
- You will end up trying the local cuisine and be hooked by the end of the event.
- You will wonder why you’ve never visited Jogja up til now.
- You will be sad when the conference ends and you part ways with your new friends.
For some of you, attending a conference where you may not know anyone can be daunting. But rest assured, you’ll end up chatting with someone and end up making plans at some point to head out for a spot of food hunting in town.
Who knows? This someone may be just the person to inspire you to do more and most importantly, to be more.
Have a wonderful, wonderful conference and just be your brilliant self.